Do you thrive in a positive, supportive, and collaborative work environment? Grow your career with the firm voted one of Connecticut’s #1 Best Places to Work for the second year in a row and Connecticut’s #1 Healthiest Employers.
Connecticut Wealth Management (CTWM) is a well-established, fast-growing, independent, fee-only registered investment advisory firm. CTWM is currently hiring a Director of Investments.
The Director of Investments will be responsible for directing all aspects of our firm’s investment programs to help our clients protect, preserve, and grow their wealth. The Director will also foster investment knowledge among our teammates and assist the advisory team in delivering proactive, competent, and practical advice.
- Establish, communicate, and execute on the overall investment strategy for our client portfolios
- Construct, evaluate, and report on firm model portfolios
- Collaborate with advisors to develop tailored investment solutions for clients
- Develop plans for investment implementation and oversee portfolio reallocations, rebalancing, and monitoring
- Oversee trading across client portfolios and underlying technology used to support investment functions
- Analyze and review client performance reporting and coach teammates on communication
- Develop thought leadership materials including but not limited to social media posts, video recordings, traditional media content for internal and external use
- Attend and present at client meetings as needed.
- Ensure Compliance with all rules and regulations and keep the firm up to date with the investment regulations.
- A degree in finance, certification as a financial analyst or a relevant field from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of 15 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of capital markets, including domestic and foreign equity, fixed income, and alternative investments.
- Intellectual curiosity about investments, asset allocation, and portfolio structure.
- Experience managing the complexities of current financial markets and communication to clients and the firm – especially during challenging times.
- Success working in a team environment and collaborating with team members to achieve goals.
- Adept at thinking strategically and experience in being capable of making sound investment decisions.
- Entrepreneurial, fairly independent and comfortable working at a fast-paced company
- Comfortable working in the details as well as more broadly with firm initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience presenting to groups on investments and market trends.
- Excellent communication skills to make strategies and expectations clear and digestible to the firm, clients, and the community.
- Experience with Orion portfolio management system a plus
- CFA designation a plus
Why work for us?
CTWM’s mission goes beyond its clients to include its rapidly growing team of driven individuals. The firm is committed to creating career paths and growth opportunities for every team member. For over a decade, CTWM has built an inclusive and fun-loving work environment that aims to build genuine connections with both clients and team members. Additionally, the firm is committed to devoting time and resources to charities and volunteer work in the surrounding community.
- Medical, dental & vision insurance (plus full HSAs contribution)
- Firm paid life, long-term & short-term disability
- Sick time and five (5) weeks paid vacation
- Parental leave and longevity sabbatical plan
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions
- Firm paid certifications and continuing education opportunities
- Paid volunteer time
- Wellness program & on-site gym
To apply, please send your resume to Deborah Hopper at email@example.com.