Do you thrive in a positive, supportive, and collaborative work environment? Grow your career with the firm voted one of Connecticut’s #1 Best Places to Work.
Connecticut Wealth Management (CTWM) is a well-established, fast-growing, independent, fee-only registered investment advisory firm. CTWM is currently seeking an experienced Senior Financial Advisor who’s committed to serving our clients through the management of comprehensive financial plans that turn their life aspirations into a reality.
Working with Our Clients
- Join an already established team to help manage a caseload of existing, loyal clients. Assist in transitioning those relationships from a senior team member by getting to know them and becoming a trusted advisor.
- After building relationships with clients and learning the firm, be the first point of contact for client communication leading meetings, calls, and various other interactions with clients.
- Gather and analyze financial data to advise clients on all aspects of their financial lives including cash flow planning, risk management, estate planning, tax planning, and investment management. Ensure appropriate and thorough recommendations are made for all elements of a client’s plan.
- Show deep understanding of clients by listening and discovering what is most important to them to understand who they are, and then collaborate with a team to help clients fulfill those goals and dreams.
- Share and engage clients in discussion around their goals and the strategies that will help them achieve those goals, sound planning principles, and market and economic conditions. Prepare and deliver planning-related information/presentations that are accurate, relevant, and engaging for the audience.
- Demonstrate independence and ability in working with clients.
- Demonstrate an ability to deliver exceptional service by abiding by CTWM’s client curriculum and service standards for all your team’s clients.
- Manage relationships with clients’ other advisors, including attorneys, CPAs, and insurance brokers to ensure a fully integrated financial plan.
Collaborating with Our Team
- Set a positive example for work-life balance, and manage and motivate a team of service specialists and junior advisors. Responsibilities will eventually include mentoring and developing junior advisory team members.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously ensuring all team members are communicating and completing their work in an accurate and timely manner.
- Delegate work appropriately, understand which tasks to do versus delegate, and convey urgency and expectations clearly and effectively.
- Set and maintain high standards of quality and efficiency for the team.
- Present and receive constructive feedback to help self, team, and firm improve.
- Direct participation in the firm’s Investment Committee.
- Maintain relationships with attorneys, CPAs, or other professional partners for business development purposes.
- Use network for potential business development opportunities.
- CFP or PFS required.
- Series 65 required – it can be acquired at the start of employment.
- 8-10 years of relevant client-facing and financial planning experience.
- Advanced knowledge of investments, insurance, income taxes, estate planning & financial planning concepts and their integration in a financial plan.
- Desire to work in a collaborative, team-based environment, with aspirations for more than baseline expectations and satisfaction.
- Ability to discuss and present complex ideas to others in understandable terms and build trust with clients.
- Exceptional listening, written, and oral communication skills.
- Coach-ability; receive and implement feedback with a desire for continued professional development.
- Experience with eMoney is a plus.
- Will need to work in our Farmington, CT office regularly with some work from home flexibility.
Why work for us?
CTWM’s mission goes beyond its clients to include its rapidly growing team of driven individuals. The firm is committed to creating career paths and growth opportunities for every team member. For over a decade, CTWM has built an inclusive and fun-loving work environment that aims to build genuine connections with both clients and team members. Additionally, the firm is committed to devoting time and resources to charities and volunteer work in the surrounding community.
- Medical, dental & vision insurance (plus full HSAs contribution)
- Firm paid life, long-term & short-term disability
- Sick time and five (5) weeks paid vacation
- Parental leave and longevity sabbatical plan
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions
- Firm paid certifications and continuing education opportunities
- Paid volunteer time
- Wellness program & on-site gym
To apply, please send your resume to Deborah Hopper at email@example.com.
"*" indicates required fields